© Benjamin Schmid and Taishi Yoshii
is hosted on github.
Versions and Changes
- Version v1.0 (download)
- Fix an issue with Java 7 that causes an IllegalStateException.
- Version v0.9 (download)
- Make ActogramJ a Maven project, so it can be compiled with Fiji's new
- Provide source code on github (https://github.com/bene51/ActogramJ).
- New icons.
- Restore pointer mode (pointing, selection, or drawing a freerunning
period triangle) when changing the displayed actogram.
- Clamp the selection in case the mouse is moved outside of the actogram
data (instead of not drawing the selection at all).
- Introduce markers.
- Calculate the acrophases over a selection (and optionally fit a regression
line to them).
- Calculate the on-/offsets over a selection (and optionally fit regression
lines to them).
- Version v0.8 (download)
- Fix a bug when exporting multiple actograms to pdf.
- Let the user choose an upper and a lower limit for the activity:
Lower values than the lower limit count as 0.
Higher values than the upper limit count as 'upper limit'
- Allow to open files which are separated by other characters than tabs.
- Version v0.7 (download)
- Update ActogramJ so that it now works (and needs) the itext
version which is currently included in Fiji, i.e. itextpdf-5.1.1.jar
- Version v0.6 (download)
- Fix an error which occurred sometimes when zooming in.
- Draw line numbers in the actograms.
- Draw a title for each actogram.
- The default number of indicated peaks in periodograms is now 1.
- Allow for optional downsampling before calculating periodograms.
- Replace "_convolved" with "_smoothed" in the name of calculated actograms.
- Fix an error in writing text to Pdfs.
- The jar archive contains now the source code.
- Version v0.5 (download)
- In the average activity pattern dialog, use a default sigma of 0.
- In the average activity pattern dialog, take the interval duration into
account when calculating the default period.
- Same for the periodogram dialog.
- In the periodogram dialog, narrow the lower and upper period limits
for faster computation.
- Periodograms: Use gaussian smoothing instead of downsampling.
- Version v0.4 (download)
- Fix the calculation of p values in the periodograms. For the Fourier method,
p values are disabled because they would require the periodogram to be
calculated for all possible period lengths, which in general takes too long
- For other types of periodograms, the user can now specify the p value level.
- Fix axis calibration in the periodogram diagrams.
- In the "Open" dialog, the input fields "number of rows" and "number of
columns" are replaced by "end row" and "end column".
- Fix some problems with zooming.
- Implement the calculation of average activity patterns.
- Version v0.3 (download)
- Make preview table in the 'Open' dialog capable of reading lines with a different number of columns.
- Introduce three modes for pointing, selecting and manual determination of the freerunning period.
- Implement generic drawing to do screen and pdf rendering with the same code.
- Allow to change the ratio w:h of an actogram.
- Introduce environmental bars for light, temperature, etc.
- Automatic determination of the freerunning period with the Fourier, Chi-Square (Enright) and Lomb-Scargle methods.
- Simplify the 'Calculate' window.
- Fix wrong sorting for multiple selected actograms.
- Adjustable units for the freerunning period string.
- Introduce zoom out.
- Allow to open several actogram files with the same parameters simultaneously.
- Add a menu bar.
- Implement normalizing of multiple actograms to the same overall activity.
- Add documentation.
- Version v0.2 (download)
- Calibration bar with adjustable number of subdivisions
The number of subdivisions can be adjusted by clicking on the
- Allow to remove files from the display by right-clicking.
- 'Freerunning period' is in black now.
- In the 'Preferences' dialog, 'number of periods per line' is changed to 'number of plots'.
- Simple calculations of actograms, invoked by clicking on the 'Calculate' icon.
The results of the calculations are displayed under the tree entry 'Calculated'.
- Summing or averaging the displayed/selected actograms.
- Smoothing individual actograms.
- The preview table in the open dialog does not crash any more when
the file to open contains plain text at the beginning.
- Fix the constant shift at the beginning of the actograms.
- Version v0.1 (download)